Friday, November 26, 2010

If you meet the Buddha be merciful, kill him


I am a bicycle, I am
a pair of black
low top
canvas converse.  I am two scoops
of raisins I am a long line of poetry with no punctuation or
stops.  I am a thousand
years old, I am
newly born wrapped in red wine jazz.  I am
a quarter note held
over, I am a hang
over.
I am a tobacco yellowed & underlined
copy of Twilight of the Idols barely
hanging together at the spine & well loved.  I am a chain
gang, I am a boulder cracked & 
crumbling into pebbles, I am the first rimshot on
I Wanna
Be Sedated.  I am the left overs
of an oil slick stuck in a sickly duck’s feathers, I am
a fat CEO sucking back a Cuban
cigar, I am the ashes of the past
waiting for the strong winds of history.  I am a blind man
cursing cinders & poverty, I am money rolled
in a wad that only looks like
a man.  I am The Man, I am
a Dr. Suess line, a
Dr. Dre rhyme, I am a yam
cooked on a bed of plantain, I am a plantation that remembers
all their names.  I am a V8 engine, I am the starting
gun at the ’37 Olympics, I am a rock show & Arc
of the Covenant.  I am Mt. Fucking Vesuvius just
about ready to reek of old books, I am risen from the dead.
I am the Bidhi tree that no one will let die.
I am a tooth, mistaken.
I am a shroud longing to be bits of thread.
I am water, escaping your clutch.  I am
steam from the tea cup.  I am
everything, formless.

1 comment:

  1. You know during a show, when it gets all quiet just before the opening notes of the next tune and someone from the crowd inevitably yells, "I LOVE YOU, so and so!!!" and then everyone chuckles smilingly because they were thinking the same thing?? That was just me. And you were just so and so.

    ReplyDelete